Monday, February 23, 2009

A Good Day

Yesterday was a good day.

I taught the kids about patience, what to do when you are standing in front of your little brother who is in between you and Zach and Cody, and you're watching your patience run the other direction.

I felt inspired teaching, stepped away from what I had written, and spoke to the kids where they were living. I was funny and entertaining, and I wrote a new killer Memory Verse that the kids LOVED.

I say all of that to say this:

I'm tired.

It takes a lot out of you to be plugged in, engaged, "on". It takes a lot out of you to perform two shows Sunday morning, only to come back in the evening for a small group for 1st and 2nd grade girls.

I've found that it makes me crabby. Ethan, finish your dinner.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, however. Last night I witnessed something I haven't witnessed in the entire time I've been doing Children's Ministry. I saw the kids, all of them, 40+ kids, having an insanely fun time.

Without me.

Is it possible? Can it be done?? Is there anything that the kids will think is cool with Adam???

Apparantly so; and I'm so stinkin' excited about that prospect I could spit. However, along with the excitement comes a few questions.

How will I mentor and guide and lead these people, these incredible leaders? Will I have the knowledge to set them up to succeed, or will I just dump on them? Will I place them in position too soon? Will they get burned out because I pushed them too far? Once they're in position, what will I do? How long will they be here?

Time to pray. Time to read. Time to study. Time to learn. Because God knows that I don't know enough about leadership to handle these guys properly. This is God's directing, God's timing, and I do NOT want to mess this up. I have a feeling that this opportunity won't come around again.

Yes, yesterday was a good day. Here's to hoping tomorrow is a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment