Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My finger hurts.

Have you ever gotten a hangnail on the side of, say, your left ring finger, and tried to pull it off only to succeed in pulling in down into the skin on the side of your fingernail? Then you try to bite it off, and only get a piece of it, while there still a small sliver still attached deep in there? It's not so bad right at the beginning, but then it gets red and irritated, and you still haven't gotten that little piece out, and a Band-Aid won't help, because now ANY pressure that's put on the side makes it throb even more?

My finger hurts.

It even hurts to type, but hey, that's how dedicated I am to my eight faithful followers.

Blog through the pain, my pappy always used to say.

At any rate, I feel as though everything on this blog needs to be profound; needs to be a nugget of truth that people are simultaneously inspired and confounded by. It's with this mandate that I sit, gingerly typing without my left ring finger.

And I got nuthin'.

No inspiring words, no quips with quibbles quaint, no Good-Lord-This-Man-Is-A-Genius solutions. I have a feeling that this blog post is going to end like The Happening did the other night, with a, "....and...it's over? You've GOT to be kidding me..." and then some cursing.

So, to pass the time before you get to the abrupt end, I figured I'd make a list of what's on my mind right now.

- I'm meeting with a group called "The Think Tank" tonight, and it's basically the highlight of my month. I'm getting ready to get inspired, to think deep thinks, and solve the world's problems.

- I'd love to go on a vacation, but I'm hesitant for a couple of reasons. I'm not sure how my 1 year old will travel, and I'm not sure how I will travel. I like my house, I just don't want people to know I'm there.

- I've written several more Memory Verses, but I have to figure out a way to make them more effective in the service. Repeat them, maybe, the next week or two? I should write them down and keep them separate, too. My daughter was singing a song that I had totally forgotten I'd written.

- It bothers me that there are 4 times as many handicapped parking spots as there are handicapped people.

- Some of my favorite words? Kiosk. Slacks. Gobsmacked. Truncated. Maybe it's the hard "k" sound. But then again, I don't like the word "killer", especially when used as an adjective. Then again again, maybe I just don't like surfers.

- Everyone should read Dave Barry.

- Lastly, before I forget, and this is the most important thing, don't ever forget to...

No comments:

Post a Comment