Monday, March 9, 2009

Cleaning = Hell.

What is it about it that I can't stand?

It's not like I like clutter. I don't, in fact. Don't like it at all. But it seems like the hatred for the clutter doesn't outweigh the hatred for picking it up.

Is anyone else like that? Of the massive amount of readers to this blog...I'm just wonderin', thinking out loud, here. Anyone else just walk past the toys, and the papers, and the pencil on the floor, or the LEGO block on the stairs, or the glass on the nightstand, or the wrappers on your desk?

Don't get all holy on me. I'm not a pig, but I'm not a neat-freak, either. I enjoy when things are picked up, everything in its place, a clean slate from which to work. But getting there. UGH. Maintaining it. DOUBLE UGH.

I type this as I'm sitting among the clutter in my office at work. It's a pigsty in here. How I function, I don't know. I probably spend more time looking for things, OR, the bigger kicker, buying new things when I can't find the one I have.

Ever done THAT one before? You end up with three letter openers. Or fifteen screwdrivers.

Ugh. Just ugh. I know I have to do it. But it feels like I should be doing more important things. There are children that need saving, and sermons that need writing, and videos that need editing, and lives that need changing. I can't be picking up old Kleenex boxes and cutouts of hearts and jars of Play-Doh and old phone message notes.

I say this as I look at the pile (mile) of clothes that are still here from last month when I changed for basketball.

I'm starting a new ministry of the Children's Department. The P.A.C.C.A..

The Pastor Adam's too lazy to Clean up his own Crap Association.

I'm now accepting members. There's a a small fee.

2 comments:

  1. I know this one it is so me. I hate the mess but to clean it up dont get me on that one. now my mess to clean up not so messy but everyone else cant thay help. M is for MOM NOT MAID hehehe. D is for DAD NOT DUMP TRUCK. hehehe I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was enjoyable. I read it to my boss on the phone. I love acronyms - as you know. Good thing you clarified what P.A.C.C.A. stood for. I almost confused it with the Professional Association of Clowns Carrying Axes. :P

    ReplyDelete