Tuesday, March 31, 2009

She's 8.

She's been on Planet Earth for 8 years.

There are signs, though, that we're doing it right. She wanted file folders and pencils for her Birthday presents. She wanted Giordono's pizza for her Birthday dinner. She wants to see Monsters Vs. Aliens for her Birthday party.

Honestly, all things that either Courtney and I would want for our own birthdays.

When does it really hit you, though? It hasn't hit me yet. Everyone says, "Oh, time flies. You'll blink and she'll be 16. Blink again and you'll be walking her down the aisle." It hasn't happened yet with me. I've enjoyed all of the time so far. It hasn't passed too quickly or too slowly. It has just passed. I've loved every step of the way, the good, the bad, the hard, the fun, the hilarious...and there has been a LOT of hilarious...

And now she's 8. And I can't wait to see what kind of 8 year old she's gonna be. If it's anything like 7, or 6, or 5, or 4, or 3, or 2, or 1, it's going to be incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment