Saturday, March 21, 2009

The One List To Rule Them All

There are so many things I want to do. The list is HUGE. I'm guessing that all of us have such a list. Our In Box is constantly and consistently full. The more we accomplish the more we have to do.

So, here's my list. I'm going to write it down, honest and clear, and see how many I can cross off in 2009.

My wife thinks I don't have goals. Hah. Here it is, without reservation or order of importance. The first few probably have to do with where I'm typing this and what I'm looking at.

  1. Finish off our basement
  2. Grade our backyard
  3. Buy the lot next to our house
  4. Get to know the kids in our neighborhood
  5. Let other people teach on a Sunday Morning
  6. Play golf somewhere other than Illinois
  7. Teach and train Children's Workers at another church
  8. Write a show based on the Memory Verses
  9. See that show performed
  10. Record a Praise and Worship CD wih the kids
  11. Create a business and marketing plan for Faith Kids Club
  12. Take our family on a REAL vacation
  13. Buy bikes for Courtney and I, so we can go for rides in our neighborhood
  14. Teach at a conference
  15. Compile and distribute a curriculum based on the Memory Verse CD's
  16. Teach chapel at 5 schools
  17. Take a business trip and fly first class
  18. Write a book (thanks, Courtney)

I realize that most of these have to do with work...but I'm finding that a lot of what I'm drawn to is teaching and training and instructing and performing outside the church. Is it because I think I have something to say, that people would actually listen? Is it because I want people to think I'm cool, and talented?

No. I really think it's because I believe kids will like it. I love it when kids learn. I love that feeling of finding a way to teach a kid something where they understand it. Taking someone without knowledge and teaching, showing, displaying in some fashion to where they get it. Where they really get it.

I don't want to hear about the next big thing, I want to write the next big thing.

So...anyone know someone who can drywall?

No comments:

Post a Comment