Monday, April 12, 2010

Expiration Date



Deadlines are a new thing for me. So much of my work, and consequently the deadlines, have been self-imposed up until this point. Self-imposed deadlines, self-imposed projects, self-imposed goals and vision. Hopefully I haven't become too self-important. Or self-impotent, if that's a word.

I can't think of any other way you can be impotent, other than self-impotent. You can't impose your impotency on others. You can't afflict others with impotency. It's like saying you're self-pregnant.

We'll just call it a word and leave it at that.

Anyway, I've got deadlines. Like, REAL ones. Like, "we want you to do this for us and we'll pay you but you have to get it done by THIS DATE" deadlines. Looking back, I don't think I've ever had one of those. Other than homework in college. And even that was a stretch. Never in the workplace.

Like I said, it's a new thing. And actually, I like it. I guess I didn't realize how much I would. I thought I'd react much differently. And now that I think about THAT, I wonder how I didn't know how I would react. Shouldn't I know myself better?

I should really hang out with me. I feel like my relationship with myself has suffered. I'm going to ask me out.

Hopefully I'll say yes, because THAT would be probably the most horrid thing ever, asking yourself out and having you tell you that they're busy, and they don't have time, and it probably won't work out anyway. And the you that you just asked out probably wants to see other people, because you "don't have much in common", even thought it's you, and you practically have everything in common, and then you tell yourself that "we can just be friends".

Ugh. Myself is a jerk.

At any rate, I've got deadlines. And I like it. Maybe I should stop procrastinating and get to work.

6 comments:

  1. You don't have time to take yourself out. Too many deadlines.

    And really...self-impotent??? hahahahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving that you've jumped [back] into blogging.

    Keep sharing that awesome mind of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two for commenting...:) I'll keep blogging as long as you two keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahhaha. Me and Anthony. Your faithful fans! Anthony, I like your blog too! :) You're so smart, though, it kinda makes me feel like a dummy....hahahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you know this is like blog #4 for you...
    finding it each time I want to see if you've posted anything new is like an olympic event.
    Is the biathlon the one where they ski, then shoot, then ski again?
    Yeah... it's a lot like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anthony, wait, I'm supposed to do this blog thing every day?

    Or are you comparing my blog to the most boring Olympic event ever invented? Even curling is better than skeet shooting...

    ReplyDelete